Saturday, April 25, 2009

Day 19 - Reflections

Sunset is coming later and later as the seasons dance their way across the face of the planet, and my flame burned quietly on my altar and in my heart as the evening dark crept into the room.

My thoughts were of Brighid the healer - a dear friend is in the hospital "doing poorly" as my Gran would say - and we offer prayers for her speedy recovery. Jacinthe's dad was in the hospital with a virus, and in great pain. Various other friends and family members have their own healing journeys - and I'm overdoing it a bit in the Spring Cleaning department and finding out that "My bendy is broken" - those pesky abdominal muscles that were surgically invaded are not as strong as they should be / could be - and I'm paying the price. Here's to the concept of pre-Folk Festival sit ups - we'll see how that goes.

I've been dreaming deeply and marginally prophetically this week, in the days leading up to my Flamekeeper day. Dreams of strong women doing great things and being very wise ... if I could only remember what they say and figure out how "what I dream" is to influence "what I am to do". Maybe lavendar tea at bedtime?

The Goddess has been gracious, and sustains me, like a gentle rain on the dry winter-dehydrated earth - and I am grateful.

In Her name, and in Her service,

Susan
Day 19

No comments:

Post a Comment