Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 17 - August 1st - Lughnasadh

Happy Lughnasadh (or Lammas) to those of you who celebrate it :)
Today has been very...as we say...auspicious. Not only is today Lughnasadh, but it is Day 17. My day to hold the Candle of Brighid
These days are always full of inspiration, inner-desires coming to the surface, and a kind of "full-moon" quality for me.
Inspiration, which is said to come as a fire from deep within, has seemed to come to me more like a little mushroom today...something coming out of nothing, needing loads of water and a certain amount of shade to pop up. Mushrooms are linked to the Full-Moon for me...could be the shape of the cap, and the color, or the fact that they come out of cool, shady spots...
I'm not sure if I can explain the connection, as it comes straight from my GREEN HEART.
But, today has been the day of all sorts of inspiring thoughts coming to the surface...I've wanted to make these necklaces, and crochet, and have been planning the colors to paint my kids' rooms, and thinking about creative scheduling and planning for the year,
playing in my garden and talking to my tomatoes (which have made one tiny green edible bubble - joy!!!)

I go into this evening with a cloud-burst outside, and think of how appropriate to the Goddess this is...all this heat, flame-like, and then a sudden burst of inspiration and creativity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a side-note, if any of you haven't read Confessions of a Pagan Nun by Kate Horsley, I highly recommend it! It struck a cord deep in my bones, and I think it might for some of you.

Blessed Be & Peace! - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment